Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abrarte
Member II

Apply admin user-dashboard config on all users

Hi,

I'd like to modify user-dashboard logic as following :

1. Allow the admin to apply user-dashboard configuration to all users created: I thought about modifying webscript controller "customise-dashboard.post.json.js" in order to apply the configuration on all users on the system. But i'm not sure it's the best way to do it.
  2. Allow the admin to apply default user-dashboard configuration, for users that never logged in to the system:I know that the default configuration is controlled by "presets.xml", but i don't find a way to do it dynamically, modify default configuration after each customization done by the admin.
  3. Every user could modify again his dashboard but based on admin configuration: get only the dashlets added by the admin configuration.

Version of Alfresco: 4.2.c

Thanks.

5 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: Apply admin user-dashboard config on all users

There are some tutorials available on the topic, but with a slightly different approach, which is to set a default dashboard by customizing the preset.xml and then reset all the dashboards.

These are the links:

ITD Systems company blog — Dropping Alfresco user dashboard configuration 

Script to reset user dashboard in Alfresco. Actually two scripts in same Gist. To be used with the A... 

If you were using a newer alfresco version, like 5.0, you could use this addon GitHub - OrderOfTheBee/ootbee-support-tools: OOTBee Support Tools addon to extend set of administrat... 

abrarte
Member II

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that i want to edit default configuration dynamically after each admin customization of dashboard.

It's not a good idea to update "presets.xml" beacause we need to restart the server everytime.

afaust
Master

As one of the developers for OOTBee Support Tools I can say that we are planning to extend the current functionality to make it possible to apply batch updates / changes to dashboards. This could include making those changes based on a "reference" dashboard, e.g. use admin dashboard as a template.

abrarte
Member II

That will be great! that's exactly what i needed.

Actually i tried to resolve my problem as follows : 

1- I implemented a webscript that creates the components of the dashboard of a user following the template of the admin dashboard configuration. (components are represented by xml files under this node /app:company_home/st:sites/cm:surf-config/cm:components).

it gets the userName as param.

2- I call this webscript when the user log in to the system for the first time. 

So the user gets dynamically the last configuration done by the admin, and he could modify again his dashboard based on this config.

It works fine.

Hi sorry to bother you Abrar , i'm encounter the same issue can i ask you to share the webscript you use for solve this issue?