cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cesarista
Customer

Re: Aspect and Advanced search

Hi:

I link some of the best practices on content models (this tutorial by Jeff is actually one of the best resources available on content models):

Working With Custom Content Types in Alfresco | ECMArchitect | Alfresco Developer Tutorials 

Regarding to other questions, I will try some guidelines:

How do I apply the evolutions of my custom model on my "production" server ?

> Bootstrap content models (via AMPs or JAR files) are the recommended ways, using incremental changes on your existing models (for example using aspects). You have to take account that only incremental changes are allowed when updating content models. If you try to do something non incremental, the model will not be updated (so the old model will be registered). In that case you should see the corresponding warnings in SOLR logs. You can use Dictionary Service (in the above links) or via CMIS Workbench for checking the current version of your content model. Under SOLR directories you can also find cached the alfresco content models definitions. 

Do I just get amps files from maven and deploy them ?

> Yes.

Should I desinstall my first amps before deploying the new ones ?

> No.

What about the content which use the "old" custom model ?

> If you are adding new aspects or properties in your content model update, you should add the corresponding new metadata via CMIS or JS API. 

Should I full reindex ?

> This is not really necessary.

Why can I not see my custom model from amps in the model manager ?

> You will only see those models imported or created via Alfresco Share, you can not see a AMP-based content model.

Regards.

--C.

livier
Active Member II

Thank you so much for your help. I took a look at your zylk blog and found multiple interesting articles.

Could you tell me more about this answer :

What about the content which use the "old" custom model ?

> If you are adding new aspects or properties in your content model update, you should add the corresponding new metadata via CMIS or JS API. 

Do I have to add the new metadata even if I consider that it doesn't matter if the old content doesn't need the new properties ?

And do you have any idea about the error message I get while deploying my amps ?

org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig processAnnotationsJar
GRAVE: contextConfig.jarFile
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /app/alfresco-community/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib/ XXXXXXX

Thanks in advance

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

Regarding the first question, you should add new aspects in old content, only if applies (for example, if you need new metadata information or if your new aspect is needed in some part of your app lifecycle).

Rearding the second one, not able to see more than it seems some kind of error on the maven / project setup. Maybe if you try Jeff's tutorial from zero, step by step, you will avoid these errors.

Regards.

--C.

livier
Active Member II

Thanks a lot

Have you found a solution? If yes can you share the code you use to filter by aspect the results on the advanced search page?

afaust
Master

Please create new topics instead of jumping into to almost 3 year old inactive threads. People looking for questions to answer will likely not check threads which already have active engagement by other people without realising that those were from "ancient" history. It is also possible that the original poster is no longer active on this platform after all this time, so you may not even get any feedback from them this way.