aspect name showing up as undefined in 'Manage Aspect'?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kartech11
Active Member II

aspect name showing up as undefined in 'Manage Aspect'?

I have created a few custom aspect in alfresco 5.2.3. I have set them to visible in share UI and I can see them in the share UI. 

When I right click on a site or folder and choose 'Manage Aspect', i see that the aspect name is listed as

undefined (order:InvoiceAspect)

insead of 

Versionable (cm:versionable) 

I am not sure why it is showing up as undefined. When I click on manage rules -> add aspect , I see that the name is showing up correctly. 

Do I need to setup any local message properties that is required to show the name?

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: aspect name showing up as undefined in 'Manage Aspect'?

I believe the manage rules action uses the localisation of the aspect from the Repository-tier while the manage aspects action uses the Share localisation. If you have not defined an i18n property in a Share message bundle for your aspect, then the code may show undefined (given that there is no translation).

kartech11
Active Member II

Thanks for your reply Axel. How can I add localization for my repository tier and is there any nomenclature to follow when I setup localization for my aspect properties?

afaust
Master

Check the documentation - model localization is covered part of the content modelling extension point.