cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcastro
Member II

Associations in model created by model manager

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any clear information about my problem. I've created a few custom models using the model manager, I read in a few tutorials that in order to add associations between types, I need to do it manually in the XML, the problem is I can't find any XML generated by the model manager.

Is it even possible to add associations to a model that was created using the model manager? Should I just ditch the model manager and implement my models directly?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Associations in model created by model manager

Jump to solution

If your models require associations, then you have to switch to XML approach, as Model Manager tool does not support this feature.

You can export all your models to XML (Model Manager tool generates a ZIP with the XML inside) and start working by your own. Probably this is the best tutorial to understand how to work with Alfresco Content Models: https://ecmarchitect.com/alfresco-developer-series-tutorials/content/tutorial/tutorial.html

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

3 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

If your models require associations, then you have to switch to XML approach, as Model Manager tool does not support this feature.

You can export all your models to XML (Model Manager tool generates a ZIP with the XML inside) and start working by your own. Probably this is the best tutorial to understand how to work with Alfresco Content Models: https://ecmarchitect.com/alfresco-developer-series-tutorials/content/tutorial/tutorial.html

Hyland Developer Evangelist
pcastro
Member II

Jump to solution

Thank you Angel, I'll go ahead and do it without the model manager.

rohit9637
Established Member

Jump to solution

If I have already activated model from the model manager and Aspects from the model is already applied to the documents and data in the properties is also populated and it is important.

So, in this case, how could we switch to XML approach?