Audit only user logins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john2994

Audit only user logins

Jump to solution

I need to audit only the user logins, but i got more information than i need (see pic bellow).

image.png

Auditing information that i dont need can decrease performance of the server. How to stop alfresco from auditing the information that i dont need?

Here are my global properties that i added

audit.enabled=true
audit.alfresco-access.enabled=true
audit.alfresco-access.sub-actions.enabled=false
audit.filter.alfresco-access.default.enabled=true
audit.filter.alfresco-access.default.user=~System;~null;.*

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Audit only user logins

Jump to solution

1) Login audit via alfresco-access is unreliable / incomplete - it only supports local authentication with user name + password, not scenarios with SSO. If you only use local authentication, that may be fine with you. Otherwise you may need enhancements - I created a module some years ago specifically to track which users actually used the system via login (nothing else)

2) You would have to set up a filter for the "action" value to suppress any of the non-login events. E.g.

audit.filter.alfresco-access.transaction.action=~.*;null

might do the trick (never tested), as it should filter anything with a real value but allow anything without a value, e.g. the login event, which does not have an "action" associated with it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

1) Login audit via alfresco-access is unreliable / incomplete - it only supports local authentication with user name + password, not scenarios with SSO. If you only use local authentication, that may be fine with you. Otherwise you may need enhancements - I created a module some years ago specifically to track which users actually used the system via login (nothing else)

2) You would have to set up a filter for the "action" value to suppress any of the non-login events. E.g.

audit.filter.alfresco-access.transaction.action=~.*;null

might do the trick (never tested), as it should filter anything with a real value but allow anything without a value, e.g. the login event, which does not have an "action" associated with it.

john2994

Jump to solution

Yes, the trick worked Smiley Happy thanks

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @john2994 

Great that it worked and thanks for accepting the solution - really helpful to other users with this issue.

Cheers,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!