auto cad integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aishu

auto cad integration

Dear Team,

We have Alfresco Community Edition 3.0, We need to upload and view .dwg auto cad document in alfresco.

How should we do this integration?

Is Alfresco Community Edition 3.0 supports for an auto cad integration?

Please Suggest!

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: auto cad integration

Technically, you can integrate any kind of transformation in Alfresco. This includes a transformation of Autocad files to viewable formats (PDF / SWF). I have had a few customers which used such an integration. But all of them were using a reasonably recent / up-to-date version of Alfresco, NOT Alfresco 3.0, which is more than 10 years old at this point.

Typically, such an integration involves configuring a transformer worker which executes a local binary via a child process (e.g. using a command line utility). Alternatively, there are transformation tools that would require you to implement some Java code to call a remote service (simple ReST or legacy SOAP). It all depends on what tool you pick for the actual transformation...

aishu

Hi,

I have updated alfresco to 5.0 version, we don't want to convert to .pdf or .swf format, we only require directly view .dwg format file view in alfresco 

afaust
Master

The file view in Alfresco is based on either SWF (older versions) or PDF, so you need to convert to PDF to view - or actually look into integrating a complex, custom viewer component that can natively display DWG files, which I have never seen / heard of.