Autodesk in alfresco

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malikaasen

Autodesk in alfresco

Hi!

Im working on a solo project and im trying to figure out how to preview DWG files. if i have understood correctly, Alfresco preview works in a way that files are converted to pdf in order to be previewed, but when i do that with the files, they seem distorted with wrong size proportions. When i read about different solutions i came across Autodesk, but i have not seen anyone integrate it with alfresco. If anyone has any tips on where to start out i would be really grateful!

APIs | Autodesk Forge 

Here is the link to the site.

4 Replies
roberto_gamiz
Established Member II

Re: Autodesk in alfresco

Hello,

I have not knowledge about Autodesk, but from Alfresco point of view I think you are going to need to implement a custom transformer:

http://docs.alfresco.com/community/references/dev-extension-points-content-transformer.html

In addition maybe you would need to add a new  mime type too, see next link:

http://docs.alfresco.com/community/references/dev-extension-points-mimetypes.html

Regards

malikaasen

Thanks for answering! I am currently looking into the custom transformer, but is there an existing solution for AutoCad viewing that isnt based on Qcad, and is open source?

jspencer
Member II

Hi Malik, 

Snowbound offers VirtualViewer HTML5, an advanced HTML5 viewer that integrates with Alfresco and supports CAD and numerous other document, image and video types.  You can view, annotate, redact split/merge, and more within the viewer.   We have an online demo at html5.snowbound.com or you can read more about here on our site: HTML5 Document Viewer for Alfresco | Snowbound Software  where you can request a free 45-day trial.   Our product is not open source but we do have a variety of licensing options available that may meet your needs.   Happy to answer any questions.  

malikaasen

I think i have found a solution on how to get from DWG to a type that alfresco supports, however i need to use javascript, would you know how i could use a script as a transformer instead of an executable program like QCAD or dwg2swf?