No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
Has anybody found a way to get it to work? I tried display redirect with no luck. I'm currently trying from my local machine, but I'd like to find a solution that can be applied when installed on a remote server too.
Aaargh, that was exactly the answer I was expecting to not hear from someone.
Answering the original question, no, I didn't find a way to make it work. I tried it with screen redirection from docker, as stated in some posts; installing some dependencies, but I wasn't able to make it work.
I really was expecting some CentOS / Docker expert to give us a magical answer but tonight I've lost any hope.
If you are developing a web script you can try "Refresh Webscripts" from /alfresco/service/index. If the files have changed on disk they should be reloaded.
Way back in the day the Alfresco SDK would override the RhinoScriptProcessor bean and disable the caching. I have not tested this in years so I cannot verify if this will work, however it might point you in the right direction.