Bind Alfresco with MS Word, and deploy a custom process on "Community edition"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeonardoC
Member II

Bind Alfresco with MS Word, and deploy a custom process on "Community edition"?

Good morning,

I'm a new user of Alfresco app, and I'm facing with strange issues on this app, and now I have to ask te community how can I fix two main issues on this app.

First of all: how can I connect to a Microsoft Word editor, using an embedded connector? I tried using both Ms Windows and Linux OS, but in Windows I can use just the "preview" with MS Word, and neither of the OS are able to connect to MS Word using an embedded connector.

Do I havo to customizate some particular properties,configuration file, or some other procedure to bind MS Word and to allow Alfresco to access directly MS Word? I'm now using "Office 365", but I also tried with a local instance of MS Word. Same result. No connection between Ms Word and Alfresco itself.

The "Alfresco log" doesn't seems to help.

Other question: which is the exact procedure to develop a custom process in a "Community edition" instance? Do i need to customizate the XML file, but it seems I can't find anywere the syntax or procedure to develop my own xml script.

Please help me, because I'm a little bit lost.

Thank you

2 Replies
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Bind Alfresco with MS Word, and deploy a custom process on "Community edition"?

Hi @LeonardoC and welcome to Alfresco!

Can I ask, is there any reason why you are using 3.2? That's a little out of date - or am I missing something?

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
jljwoznica

Re: Bind Alfresco with MS Word, and deploy a custom process on "Community edition"?

Please post two different topics. I have responded ot the MS Word question here. Please review Alfresco Office Services: https://docs.alfresco.com/community/concepts/aos-user.html