cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdubois
Active Member II

Block users acces of "My Files"

Hi,

I want to block user to use My Files section. Actually they can acces to it and I want stop it, delete button or other ways

Thk a lot

10 Replies
janv
Alfresco Employee

Re: Block users acces of "My Files"

Untested (by me at least) but I wonder if you can disable creation of user home folders (~ "My Files") in alfresco-global.properties for new users ?

home.folder.creation.disabled=true

You would need to check the effect in the UIs (and any other client integrations) to see if they degrade gracefully or require customisation.

You may wish also need to go back and remove existing user home folders. If you go down this path, I highly recommend doing a backup first (with a tested restore to a separate system) ;-)

Regards,

Jan

mdubois
Active Member II

I try this solution but user can create or add file and folder in My Files even if i add home.folder.creation.disabled=true in conf file

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

When using this configuration, you need to start from scratch, as user home folders are created (on not) on user creation.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
mdubois
Active Member II

Yes but i create a LDAP link and all my user are in alfresco so it didn't work isn't it ?

mdubois
Active Member II

Or where can I modify html file of alfresco and delete My Files part

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

mdubois
Active Member II

Yes i try it but when I copy paste this line after the ';' in this file and reboot my server, it is broken.

And I don't sucess to create a AIO SDK project and Share AMP

I just need to paste this line in the file or I need more ?

lcolorado
Partner

Here are a a few solutions, which I have not tested, buy may work:

1. This is the default location of the users' home folders:

spaces.user_homes.childname=app:user_homes 

Set it with a different folder name in alfresco-global.properties (you may have to create a folder named "/my user homes"):

spaces.user_homes.childname=app:my_user_homes

2. Disable the automatic creation of home folders:

home.folder.creation.disabled=true

After restarting, users will be unable to see their home folder after clicking on their home directory.

3. Optional: remove the menu option from the Share page (Removing a menu item (Aikau) | Alfresco Documentation )

4. There is still a problem: astute users may find a way to access their old home using the right URL. If you can't delete the home folders, then you should change the ownership of the folders and files (let's say, to admin).

lcolorado
Partner

What line?