Bulk Export: Remove / ignore unregistered namespace?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apiening
Active Member II

Bulk Export: Remove / ignore unregistered namespace?

The bulk export fails on our installation with the following message:

ERROR [org.alfresco.extensions.bulkexport.Export] [http-apr-8080-exec-5] Error found during Export (Reason): org.alfresco.service.namespace.NamespaceException: A namespace prefix is not registered for uri http://www.alfresco.org/model/dod5015/1.0

The reason is that we had Retention Management installed on the system but it is not installed anymore (amps removed).
It seems the bulk export tool fails on exporting nodes where the RM namespace is assigned.

Is there any way aroung this?

My ideas are:

• Using one of the parameter fields "Update existing model data:" or "Update model prefix:" of the bulkfsexport form to remove the prefixes related to RM. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and can't find documentation related to these parameters.
  • Telling the exporter to skip the nodes with RM attributes and continue
  • Add a fake registration for the RM namespace, so that the exporter can resolve the namespace prefix without the requirement of having RM installed

Any hint on this topic is greatly appreciated.

With kind regards

Andreas

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Bulk Export: Remove / ignore unregistered namespace?

I guess the safer approach is to remove your RM data from your original Alfresco Repository.

If this is not an option, you can deploy DoD content model in your new Alfresco Repository.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
apiening
Active Member II

Re: Bulk Export: Remove / ignore unregistered namespace?

Hi Angel,

I just called the Department of Defence, but they said they won't help me.
Just kidding.

I guess your suggestion is to create and register a model that could be resolved then for the given prefixes, right?
That would be the bests solution for me.
Is it possible to copy over the xml file(s) with the model definition from the RM AMPs and register them?

With kind regards

Andreas