Can Alfresco 6 and 7 "Associations" be associated with specific versions of the node?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Alfresco 6 and 7 "Associations" be associated with specific versions of the node?

Jump to solution

Associations to versionable nodes are stored only referencing the live node (not the version).

My question is remains the same in alfresco 6.2.X and 7.0.0 community version?

Does anyone know of any extensions or projects that can help in this context?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Can Alfresco 6 and 7 "Associations" be associated with specific versions of the node?

Jump to solution

Got it, i don't think the behavior would change from 5 to 6 or 7 version as far as i know. It should remain as is. And it doesn't makes sense. I have tried on ACS 6 and i don't see any change. The association remains as is to newly created wip version.

here is an example of asoociation (Related whitepaper) and it remains as is after versioning the original node.

version-and-assoc.png

This is tested on ACS Community 6.2.x:

version-and-assoc2.png

I am not sure what could be wrong at your end. 

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Associations to versionable are still only referencing the live node on Alfresco 6 and 7 ?

Jump to solution

its not quite clear what is the problem and your use case. 

Can you elobrate the issue and what you want to achieve? 

~Abhinav

Re: Can Alfresco 6 and 7 "Associations" be associated with specific versions of the node?

Jump to solution

Hi, then the use case is as follows:

1) I have two nodes A and B.
2) I associate node A to node B with an association of alfresco.
3) I create a new version of node B.

In alfresco 5 node A remained associated with B's "live node" (the second version), while I need it to remain associated with the first version of B.

Is the behavior also identical in Alfresco 6 and 7? If so, is there any addon or workaround to manage the problem?

I hope I have clarified.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Jump to solution

Got it, i don't think the behavior would change from 5 to 6 or 7 version as far as i know. It should remain as is. And it doesn't makes sense. I have tried on ACS 6 and i don't see any change. The association remains as is to newly created wip version.

here is an example of asoociation (Related whitepaper) and it remains as is after versioning the original node.

version-and-assoc.png

This is tested on ACS Community 6.2.x:

version-and-assoc2.png

I am not sure what could be wrong at your end. 

~Abhinav