can alfresco community 5.0 let admin control how frequently the content store cache clean up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dba100
Active Member II

can alfresco community 5.0 let admin control how frequently the content store cache clean up

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can alfresco community 5.0 let admin control how frequently the content store cache clean up ? 

we see that the dispace of  alfresco community 5.0 will free up every one week and we don't know what has been clean up.

any idea?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cristinamr
Advanced

Re: can alfresco community 5.0 let admin control how frequently the content store cache clean up

Jump to solution

Good morning.

I think you may have two different topics here:

- From one side how to manage the cache in Alfresco <-- you have mentioned this one but I think it's not the key of your question

- From other side how to clean the content store deleted and Cleaning up binary files <-- I think these are the interesting answers for your problem

Take a look on these topics and let us know.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc

View solution in original post

cristinamr
Advanced

Re: can alfresco community 5.0 let admin control how frequently the content store cache clean up

Jump to solution

@dba100 wrote:

this means only binary file can be delete ? but binary files here means content URL?

I don't think alfresco binary files can be/ should be remove in anyway, right ?

Following this picture:

https://i1.wp.com/blyx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Slide1.png

Everything you have inside of contentstore.deleted/ folder (all bin files) you must delete it: or manually, or with a cronjob in your OS, or using that url I've provided you. Everything you have there, you won't be able to recover anymore, means,  you won't be able to see them or even they don't have anymore metadata associated. In fact, this task is something an administrator muts do it. As soon as you delete a file, after 14 days will be move to contentstore.deleted and you won't be able to do anything else with it.

I'll recommend you to read this post for more info about this process.

You have more information here, here and here. <-- and much more topics but I think it's ok with these ones.

@dba100 wrote:

BTW, what type of cache/files can be remove regularily ?  is the purging cycle customrizasble ? 

Related to cache, check the default cache configurations (in caches.properties from Alfresco source code on SVN mirror) and reduce the maxItems value. Here you have an example of this file, but I cannot confirm if it's in the same path or have same values in your installation (because yours is an old version).

@dba100 wrote:
the link you sent me seems for Alfresco One version 5.0 or later, I assume the alfresco community 5.0 is Alfresco One version 5.0 ?

No they are not, but in general for both versions apply same documentation (except for those modules/functionalities you haven't in Alfresco Community).

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cristinamr
Advanced

Jump to solution

Good morning.

I think you may have two different topics here:

- From one side how to manage the cache in Alfresco <-- you have mentioned this one but I think it's not the key of your question

- From other side how to clean the content store deleted and Cleaning up binary files <-- I think these are the interesting answers for your problem

Take a look on these topics and let us know.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--
dba100
Active Member II

Jump to solution

hi,

tks for replying me.

"
- From one side how to manage the cache in Alfresco <-- you have mentioned this one but I think it's not the key of your question"

our concern is , each week we suspect the content store cache will be reflush from disk and that's why from time to time a week , the alfresco disk space purged .

so we are not concerning about repository cache.

"
- From other side how to clean the content store deleted and Cleaning up binary files <-- I think these are the interesting answers for your problem"

this means only binary file can be delete ? but binary files here means content URL?

BTW, what type of cache/files can be remove regularily ?  is the purging cycle customrizasble ? 

dba100
Active Member II

Jump to solution

the link you sent me seems for Alfresco One version 5.0 or later, I assume the alfresco community 5.0 is Alfresco One version 5.0 ?

cristinamr
Advanced

Jump to solution

@dba100 wrote:

Following this picture:

https://i1.wp.com/blyx.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Slide1.png

Everything you have inside of contentstore.deleted/ folder (all bin files) you must delete it: or manually, or with a cronjob in your OS, or using that url I've provided you. Everything you have there, you won't be able to recover anymore, means,  you won't be able to see them or even they don't have anymore metadata associated. In fact, this task is something an administrator muts do it. As soon as you delete a file, after 14 days will be move to contentstore.deleted and you won't be able to do anything else with it.

I'll recommend you to read this post for more info about this process.

You have more information here, here and here. <-- and much more topics but I think it's ok with these ones.

@dba100 wrote:

Related to cache, check the default cache configurations (in caches.properties from Alfresco source code on SVN mirror) and reduce the maxItems value. Here you have an example of this file, but I cannot confirm if it's in the same path or have same values in your installation (because yours is an old version).

@dba100 wrote:
the link you sent me seems for Alfresco One version 5.0 or later, I assume the alfresco community 5.0 is Alfresco One version 5.0 ?

No they are not, but in general for both versions apply same documentation (except for those modules/functionalities you haven't in Alfresco Community).

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Cristina.

--
dba100
Active Member II

Jump to solution

tks for this for now as we are not focusing on content store but community 5 to 7 upgrade .

we saw some big table in PostgreSQL, e.g. 280GB on a single table and postgreSQL takes 406 GB in total and the delete cache option not available for us to delete in community 5.0.