Can audit data be placed into Excel or Text Document ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djohn

Can audit data be placed into Excel or Text Document ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to input the data from my Audit log into an Excel or any other kind of text document. A way where it could be neat and ordered would be great if anyone has any suggestions that would be great thank you. Also I am fairly new to alfresco so if you do have a solution could you please elaborate on it.

Thank you 

-John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Can audit data be placed into Excel or Text Document ?

Jump to solution

There is no export of audit data to any of the file formats you mentioned as export requirements can be extremely different from one use case to another. Also, exporting audit data to flat file formats like CSV, text or Excel rarely makes sense as the data structure of an audit entry will typically be quite hierarchial and in need of a lot of massaging to turn into a flat rendering.

The way to go about exporting audit data is likely going to involve implementing a custom CRON-based job using Java API. Via the AuditService you can perform the necessary data queries to collect the relevant audit entries and then use whatever Java library you need to write your export files. For Excel you might want to use DOCX4J while core Java libraries would suffice for any pure text file formats.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Can audit data be placed into Excel or Text Document ?

Jump to solution

There is no export of audit data to any of the file formats you mentioned as export requirements can be extremely different from one use case to another. Also, exporting audit data to flat file formats like CSV, text or Excel rarely makes sense as the data structure of an audit entry will typically be quite hierarchial and in need of a lot of massaging to turn into a flat rendering.

The way to go about exporting audit data is likely going to involve implementing a custom CRON-based job using Java API. Via the AuditService you can perform the necessary data queries to collect the relevant audit entries and then use whatever Java library you need to write your export files. For Excel you might want to use DOCX4J while core Java libraries would suffice for any pure text file formats.