Can I configure Alfresco to connect with Swift Container like data store??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eflores2018
Member II

Can I configure Alfresco to connect with Swift Container like data store??

I hope can help me with the implementation of Alfresco as a repository of content that stores information in a Swift container.

The main problem is that I can not connect with Swift's alfresco-swift-1.0.amp plugin, to connect I need to use Token, user and pass, but with the plugin I can only config user and pass in the alfresco-global. properties. Now, I am use auth V2 to connect to Swift container.

Example:

swift.username=user:user
swift.password=983a1eb5264a02a0221c3f25c695d6
swift.url=http://10.10.1.15/auth/1.0
swift.tenantId=983a1eb5264a02a0221c3f25c695d6
swift.tenantName=development
swift.containerName=development

Is it advisable to use this type of Implementation?

I'm waiting for your valious comments.

Regards

Axel Faust

Angel Borroy

Thanks a lot.

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Can I configure Alfresco to connect with Swift Container like data store??

This sounds like you are using the jeci-sarl/alfresco-object-storage-connectors addon. Did you check that projects documentation or contact the developer? Looking at the addon implementation I see some quality issues that would lead me to not consider it for use, primarily the blanket swallowing of errors ("logging only" is not a valid error handling strategy). I have never used it or worked any of the storage containers it supports, so can't say anything towards your problems...

eflores2018
Member II

Hello Axel, thanks for your comment.

That's right, I'm using the outdoor object storage connector (OpenStack Swift). But I still do not have the implementation in production and I need the opinion of an expert on the subject. The documentation of the connector is very scarce and it is difficult for me to communicate with the developer.

I can not use V2 authentication with token to establish connection with Swift. The connector only has the configuration with username and password

Therefore, the use of Container Switf with Alfresco is not recommended according to your comments?

Thank you
regards

afaust
Master

My "non-recommendation" would primarily be based on the error handling logic I have seen in the code.

As far as I can see, the authentication handling is delegate to a 3rd party component specifically provided for working with Swift. Since it already provides the parameters for tenant, which are only required in V2 authentication, I would assume it supports that as well. If that does not work then I would advise to create an issue in that GitHub project.

Why do you state "it is difficult for [you] to communicate with the developer"? They apparently are capable of English and have not disabled the issue feature in GitHub, so there should be no barrier.

eflores2018
Member II

Thanks Axel, I will do test about of topic. If I have cuestion, I will ask into Forum Alfresco.

Regards