Can I create a custom type and expose it as a list field when creating Site?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keon
Member II

Can I create a custom type and expose it as a list field when creating Site?

Hi all,

I'm newbie and now I'm following steps of Working With Custom Content Types in Alfresco tutorial by Jeff Potts.

(Thanks to tutorial I could know the concept of Alfresco a bit.)

The tutorial shows that how could make a custom content type and show it on Share.

Like that steps, is it possible to create a custom type and expose it as a list field when creating Site? The reason why I'm trying is that for the further process to my application.

To be honest, I've followed the tutorial, I've seen how it shows, but didn't get why it is shown in 'Manage Rules' page, though. 

Any idea would be appreciated.

Koen

4 Replies
vidhipanchal
Established Member

Re: Can I create a custom type and expose it as a list field when creating Site?

May be this link can help you.

You need to create custom aspect and add to siteModel.xml or create custom model.

Thanks,

Contcentric

Regards,
Vidhi
keon
Member II

Re: Can I create a custom type and expose it as a list field when creating Site?

Hi Vidhi,

Thanks for the reply. This should help in my case. 

I've saw codes that you've linked, this is how I understood:

1. Create a custom model.xml or add custom aspect to siteModel.xml

2. Overwrite those lines to each file directly(???).

I'm wondering number two gonna work. Or should I have to create maven Alfresco All In One package and export AMP and import to my server?

Could you please kindly guide me at this point once more?

Thanks very much for your help.

Keon

vidhipanchal
Established Member

Hi Keon,

You can create either All In One Maven sdk package or separate Maven sdk ( for both alfresco and share).

It is better to create separate Maven SDK package.

After when you are able to add your custom properties in site from SDK successfully, create AMP of that pacakge and import in you server.

Thanks,

Contcentric 

Regards,
Vidhi
keon
Member II

Hi Vidhi,

Thank you for the guiding first step.

Keon