Can I use content staged in s3 with cmis? I'd like to avoid transferring the content twice. I'd use the s3 url as the content in cmis...maybe?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregricker
Member II

Can I use content staged in s3 with cmis? I'd like to avoid transferring the content twice. I'd use the s3 url as the content in cmis...maybe?

Jump to solution

We have content already is s3, the same place alfresco is using. Can I upload a document (meta data) and use the s3 url? This would avoid having to move the data more than once. I'm using cmis right now but if there another way I am up for that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Can I use content staged in s3 with cmis? I'd like to avoid transferring the content twice. I'd use the s3 url as the content in cmis...maybe?

Jump to solution

There is no out-of-the-box support for creating a document via a client / CMIS and specify that its content is actually stored in S3. However it is possible to programmatically create a new node (document) and a content data entry that points to an S3 URL. You'd have to write some custom Java for this. If you used a custom metadata property in an aspect via which a client could specify the URL and your Java code (likely a behaviour / policy) read it from, you could create a solution that can easily be consumed by clients / end users (in a custom UI they could simply copy&paste the S3 URL that they know).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Can I use content staged in s3 with cmis? I'd like to avoid transferring the content twice. I'd use the s3 url as the content in cmis...maybe?

Jump to solution

There is no out-of-the-box support for creating a document via a client / CMIS and specify that its content is actually stored in S3. However it is possible to programmatically create a new node (document) and a content data entry that points to an S3 URL. You'd have to write some custom Java for this. If you used a custom metadata property in an aspect via which a client could specify the URL and your Java code (likely a behaviour / policy) read it from, you could create a solution that can easily be consumed by clients / end users (in a custom UI they could simply copy&paste the S3 URL that they know).