cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llzwerg
Member II

Can't add user to site after he left accidentally

Hi all,

one of our users left a site accidentally instead of logging out of Alfresco. Since this time I am not able to add him to the site again as user (I find him, but the select button is always greyed out) and also his request to join the site does not appear (though he gets the message that he already requested if he tries a second time).

I am using a workaround where I created a group and added him as the only member and then add this group to the site (which works), but I would like to have him added again as a normal user.

We are using Alfresco Community 5.2 and already restarted the server (what should also delete the cache as I read in another thread that it is sufficient to restart the alfresco service to delete the cache).

Did anyone else experience a similar issue and has a solution or a hint what to check?

Cheers,

Timo

2 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Can't add user to site after he left accidentally

Try to include her directly on the right group by using Alfresco Shared Admin Console: Managing groups | Alfresco Documentation  

Use "Show System Groups" check.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
llzwerg
Member II

Re: Can't add user to site after he left accidentally

Thanks for this hint. I was so concentrated on adding him to the site via the site options that I forgot about adding him to the system group. Smiley Happy

That's working to add him as an user. However, I can remove him from the site but am still not able to add him via the site management, so there still seems to be some issue and the site managers will not be able to add him. But as long as it only affects this one user for this one site, I can live with that.