Can the user admin@app.activiti.com be created?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queshaw
Member II

Can the user admin@app.activiti.com be created?

Various articles about ADF describe creating the user admin@app.activiti.com on both ACS and APS (or, the same username on both).

My employer uses alfresco content services enterprise 5.2.1. It appears that we have an authentication chain configured with Alfresco's internal authentication subsystem (alfrescoNtlm) and LDAP-AD. I can create the user but not login as that user. Does alfrescoNtlm allow there to be user with a password that doesn't come from an external directory? If that chain should work, what else needs to be done to allow the same username to be created in both ACS and APS?

4 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Can the user admin@app.activiti.com be created?

I would be interested to know which articles recommend the creation of that user in Alfresco Content Services. From my point of view, that user should not need to be created there under any circumstance.

If alfrescoNtlm is enabled you can create that user with a local password in Alfresco Content Services independant of external directory. There are restrictions with regards to any single sign-on feature you may have enabled, if Kerberos or NTLMv1 are enabled and passthru/kerberos are in front of alfrescoNtlm in the chain.

queshaw
Member II
queshaw
Member II
queshaw
Member II

Re: Can the user admin@app.activiti.com be created?

Sorry about the duplicate posts.

I can also add that using that user name when clicking "Test" says success, in the admin console for subsystem alfrescoNtlm