can we add custom MIME type for unknown extension and add edit open option for file extension (eg; sample.idx) in CLOUD version of alfresco content services.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hariharankumar
Member II

can we add custom MIME type for unknown extension and add edit open option for file extension (eg; sample.idx) in CLOUD version of alfresco content services.

7 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: can we add custom MIME type for unknown extension and add edit open option for file extension (eg; sample.idx) in CLOUD version of alfresco content services.

No you can not change anything in cloud version.

hariharankumar
Member II

Re: can we add custom MIME type for unknown extension and add edit open option for file extension (eg; sample.idx) in CLOUD version of alfresco content services.

Will there be any updates on Alfresco CLOUD content services in future?? ... so that we can add customizations in cloud version?? 

krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

I don't think its possible, as cloud is being used by many users.They can add some generic functionalities.But giving the ability to customize alfresco for all user is kind of impossible.

hariharankumar
Member II

One more final doubt.... can we add edit open option for  file extension (eg; sample.idx) in desktop version of Alfresco content services(community) and then host it in cloud(like docker or Virtual machine ) ?? is it possible??.... ultimately I want to add a file open option for an unknown file extension or specific extension in the editor I want..   

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean with Alfresco CLOUD?

my.alfresco.com?
Alfresco AWS quickstart?
A regular Alfresco deployed in cloud? If this is the case, which cloud provider?
Alfresco CLOUD doesn't exist as product/naming and identifying the environment could be the first step.

hariharankumar
Member II

At the start, I meant Alfresco ECM Cloud service which provided by Alfresco itself. Then after Krutik mentioned that it's impossible to change things Alfresco ECM cloud, then I asked whether I can make that change locally [desktop alfresco] and host in the cloud [[Here I mean, make the change in local alfresco and then host that in AZURE CLOUD]]. I hope you got me now.

fcorti
Alfresco Employee

I'm sorry but I still don't understand if you used my.alfresco.com or Alfresco AWS quickstart.
In any case, to your point, customisations like the one you looking for are not possible on my.alfresco.com and hard to develop on quickstart.
The suggested path could be to develop the customisation on a local instance and then, deploy Alfresco Content Services + Customisation on Azure.
I hope this help you.