cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghunandangowd
Active Member II

Can we steal the files?

Hi folks,

I've one doubt. After uploading the file will be encrypted and stored in 'bin' ext. What if someone tries to steal the documents.

Is it possible to decrypt and get the original files back.

Sounds silly but i want to know this.

3 Replies
rupeshsawaliya
Established Member

Re: Can we steal the files?

Hi,

Its pretty similar to situation where you keep thing in your locked drawer and do not share the keys, if you share keys then things can be stolen.

So in Alfresco I am sure you would keep your server protected with credentials if you share them it can be steal.

For decryption again it depends on whether you share encrypted key.

for more detail on encryption in alfresco check this Encrypted Content Store overview | Alfresco Documentation

Regards,

Rupesh

EnProwess : Portal | Liferay | ECM | Alfresco | Mobile 

jpotts
Professional

Just a clarification, the encrypted content store is an enterprise-only feature. So, if you are using Community Edition, files do not get encrypted when they are stored in the content store directory. although they do get their name changed.

If you look in the node browser you can see where in the content store your file resides. If you have access to the content store, you can copy the file to another machine and rename it. It will be exactly as it was when it was uploaded.

If that is a concern you must use an encrypted content store along with Enterprise Edition.

Upladder
Active Member II

> "although they do get their name changed." 
> "you are using Community Edition, files do not get encrypted when they are stored in the content store directory."
Does it mean there is no encryption process in Community Edition? If it is the case, what process makes their content filename changed?