Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-g...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guna1

Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-g...

Searching the internet, this seems to be a common error. I have tried the solutions suggested on the internet, but none of them solve this problem. Where should the alfresco-global.properties file be located? I have it under c:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\shared\classes\  Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

I have configured my database in this file. I am also seeing other errors on the tomcat command line when I start tomcat:

Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be created

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/alfresco/util/log/log4j/SanitizingPatternLayout has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0 (unable to load class [org.alfresco.util.log.log4j.SanitizingPatternLayout])

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/alfresco]]

org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Error deploying deployment descriptor

9 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-g

You need to use Java 11.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
Guna1

Re: Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-g

Thanks for the reply! Changing to Java 11 removed a lot of the errors from the tomcat command line. I still have the error message on the browser, 'Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server. (Does this application have access to alfresco-global.properties? Does this application have cross-context permissions?)' And on the tomcat command line, I still have one error. I will look at my Keystores again. 

ERROR [web.context.ContextLoader] [localhost-startStop-1] Context initialization failed
org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 00130003 Keystores are invalid

Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 00130002 Failed to create key: metadata
in key store:
Provider: null
Type: JCEKS
at org.alfresco.encryption.AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.createKey(AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.java:661)
at org.alfresco.encryption.AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.validateKeys(AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.java:907)
at org.alfresco.encryption.AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.validateKeys(AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.java:188)
at org.alfresco.encryption.KeyStoreChecker.validateKeyStores(KeyStoreChecker.java:49)
at org.alfresco.encryption.EncryptionChecker$1.execute(EncryptionChecker.java:73)
... 29 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.alfresco.encryption.AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.getSecretKey(AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.java:770)
at org.alfresco.encryption.AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.createKey(AlfrescoKeyStoreImpl.java:639)
... 33 more

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Make sure following is updated in order to allow 'classes' directory in acs classpath:

shared.loader=${catalina.base}/shared/classes,${catalina.base}/shared/lib/*.jar

If you are not setting up ACS and Solr to communicate over SSL (mutual tls), try setting following property in alfresco-global.properties:

solr.secureComms=none #Possible values are: none, https

And set following variable in solr.in.cmd file:

set SOLR_ALFRESCO_SECURECOMMS=none

you can find steps here as well : https://javaworld-abhinav.blogspot.com/2020/12/setup-acs62-ga-and-ass14-distribution-stepbystep.html

Check this documentation for setup with mutual tls:

https://docs.alfresco.com/6.0/tasks/solr-install.html

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
Guna1

Keystore issue looks to be resolved. Now I have a new error:

14-Jan-2021 21:43:55.251 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [alfresco/transforms/0100-basePipelines.json]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [alfresco/transforms/0100-basePipelines.json]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1378)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.getResourceAsStream(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1107)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.getResourceAsStream(ConfigFileFinder.java:187)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.readFromJar(ConfigFileFinder.java:145)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.readFiles(ConfigFileFinder.java:89)
at org.alfresco.transform.client.registry.CombinedConfig.addLocalConfig(CombinedConfig.java:117)
at org.alfresco.repo.content.transform.LocalTransformServiceRegistry.readConfig(LocalTransformServiceRegistry.java:139)
at org.alfresco.transform.client.registry.TransformServiceRegistryImpl$1.readConfig(TransformServiceRegistryImpl.java:82)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigScheduler.readConfigAndReplace(ConfigScheduler.java:226)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigScheduler$ConfigSchedulerJob.execute(ConfigScheduler.java:64)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Can you share the full logs if possible, can't tell what happened with the log snippet?

Are you using transformation services or using legacy transformation?

To use legacy transformation service update the following the alfresco-global.properties, if that's something you are trying:

transform.service.enabled=false
local.transform.service.enabled=false
legacy.transform.service.enabled=true
# install alfresco-pdf-renderer and update <installationpath> accordingly
alfresco-pdf-renderer.root=<installationpath>/alfresco-pdf-renderer alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe=${alfresco-pdf-renderer.root}/alfresco-pdf-renderer.exe
# install imagemagick and update <installationpath> accordingly img.root=<installationpath>/imagemagick img.dyn=${img.root}/lib img.exe=${img.root}/convert.exe img.coders=${img.root}/modules/coders img.config=${img.root} img.gslib=${img.root}/lib
# install libreoffice and update <installationpath> accordingly
ooo.exe=<installationpath>/libreoffice/program/soffice.exe ooo.enabled=false ooo.port=8100 jodconverter.enabled=true jodconverter.officeHome=<installationpath>/libreoffice jodconverter.portNumbers=8100
~Abhinav
Guna1

When you ask to share full logs, yes, I can but how would I do it? I wasn't setting out to use transformation services or legacy transformation. But I will set up transformation services to see if that might fix the problem. 

Guna1

I set my transform service parameters in alfresco-global.properties

transform.service.enabled=false
local.transform.service.enabled=false
legacy.transform.service.enabled=true

The errors messages in the logs have changed. Now I have:

15-Jan-2021 23:42:10.007 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [org/apache/http/client/version.properties]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [org/apache/http/client/version.properties]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1378)

15-Jan-2021 23:42:10.017 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-2] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkStateForResourceLoading Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [alfresco/renditions/0100-baseRenditions.json]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [alfresco/renditions/0100-baseRenditions.json]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.getResourceAsStream(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1107)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.getResourceAsStream(ConfigFileFinder.java:187)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.readFromJar(ConfigFileFinder.java:145)
at org.alfresco.util.ConfigFileFinder.readFiles(ConfigFileFinder.java:89)

The error messages are the same except they they can't load different files :

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already. Could not load [org/apache/http/client/version.properties]. The following stack trace is thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access.

Could not load [alfresco/renditions/0100-baseRenditions.json]

Could not load [org/apache/http/client/version.properties]

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

When i said logs, meaning it includes start to end till the time you start getting the error, i mentioned to setup transformation service since your earlier logs had errors related to it to make sure that setting is correct. You can't tell whether all apps started properly.

The errors seems more of environment setup issue. 

Please share how you have setup your environment and what all steps you followed.

~Abhinav
Guna1

I fixed another problem I found. But I still have the same error when I try to start the server: "Cannot find Alfresco Repository on this server." Below is my current log. The current problem appears to be : 'One or more listeners failed to start.' I have been trying to follow the instructions here:  https://docs.alfresco.com/6.2/concepts/ch-install.html

23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.476 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Server version name: Apache Tomcat/8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.479 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Server built: Dec 3 2020 14:03:28 UTC
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.479 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Server version number: 8.5.61.0
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log OS Name: Windows 10
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log OS Version: 10.0
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Architecture: amd64
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Java Home: C:\java\jdk-11.0.9
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log JVM Version: 11.0.9+7-LTS
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.480 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.481 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log CATALINA_BASE: C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.481 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log CATALINA_HOME: C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.482 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.482 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.482 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.482 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\conf\logging.properties
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.483 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.483 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.483 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.484 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Dignore.endorsed.dirs=
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.485 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Dcatalina.base=C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.486 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Dcatalina.home=C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.486 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener.log Command line argument: -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\temp
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.487 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent Loaded Apache Tomcat Native library [1.2.25] using APR version [1.7.0].
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.487 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.488 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent APR/OpenSSL configuration: useAprConnector [false], useOpenSSL [true]
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.495 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.initializeSSL OpenSSL successfully initialized [OpenSSL 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020]
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.552 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.841 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.849 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 738 ms
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.885 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service [Catalina]
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.886 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.5.61
23-Jan-2021 21:05:50.897 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying deployment descriptor [C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\conf\Catalina\localhost\alfresco.xml]
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.169 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.418 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.549 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [alfresco] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzScheduler_Worker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
java.base@11.0.9/java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:568)
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.550 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [alfresco] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzScheduler_Worker-2] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:568)
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.550 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The web application [alfresco] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzScheduler_QuartzSchedulerThread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSchedulerThread.java:328)
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.553 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [alfresco] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal.SuppliedThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal$SuppliedThreadLocal@689087a8]) and a value of type [org.alfresco.util.transaction.TransactionSupportUtil.ResourcesHolder] (value [org.alfresco.util.transaction.TransactionSupportUtil$ResourcesHolder@280cfeb7]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.554 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [alfresco] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal.SuppliedThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal$SuppliedThreadLocal@31722616]) and a value of type [org.alfresco.util.CachingDateFormat] (value [yyyy-MM-dd]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.567 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deployment of deployment descriptor [C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\conf\Catalina\localhost\alfresco.xml] has finished in [402,669] ms
23-Jan-2021 21:12:33.567 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying deployment descriptor [C:\software\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.61\conf\Catalina\localhost\share.xml]
23-Jan-2021 22:03:22.764 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stopServer Could not contact [localhost:8005]. Tomcat may not be running.