cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joachim

Cant save model layout after migration

Jump to solution

Hi,

I did migrate/upgrade Alfresco step by step from 5.1 to 5.2 to 6.0 and to 6.1. This all seems to work okay. And the custom models also works okay. The first day the custom model layout was working fine, but after a day not. All properties for that model is not visible in the UI anymore.

Going to model manager and opening the model, I can see there is no layout although there should be one. Opening the layout editor and re-create the layout does not work. Following error is shown in the server log.

2019-08-20 11:07:44,050 ERROR [surf.types.ExtensionImpl] [http-nio-8080-exec-69] An attempt was made to add a new ExtensionModule with the id "CMM_LogiControl" but an ExtensionModule with that id already exists.

I tried one more time the upgrade procedure and same thing. Worked one day and next day the layout was missing again.

Please help. Any ideas how I can restore the layout or remove the old one so I can re-create a new layout?

Side note: The server is using tenants.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Re: Cant save model layout after migration

Jump to solution

There must be some other thing as well, which might be disturbing the layout.Layout is configured using share forms, defined inside share-config-custom.xml or else there will be separate files for forms.You can take a look on those file.This files generally ends with -config-custom.xml.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
krutik_jayswal
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

There must be some other thing as well, which might be disturbing the layout.Layout is configured using share forms, defined inside share-config-custom.xml or else there will be separate files for forms.You can take a look on those file.This files generally ends with -config-custom.xml.

joachim

Jump to solution

We haven't edited any xml files. Everything has been done though the UI. I double checked now, and only file that exists is the share-config-custom.xml and seems they match on both old and new server.

I don't know if it was something I did, but now the layout is there again after a restart of Tomcat.

Lets see if it goes away again after a while.

Meanwhile, looking into the database alf_namespace and I found something that perhaps could be faulty. There are two namespaces for the model, one with lower casing and one with some letters in upper casing.

joachim

Jump to solution

This is still an issue for us.

Any hints? Perhaps on how to search database for anything that disturbs?