cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YanFeiHu
Active Member II

Change run time of Cron job

Hi Team;

As described in Alfresco tutorial  'Community Edition includes a background job responsible for backing up the Solr 6 indexes that (by default) is configured to run at 3am each night'.

And ' the cron job is run at 2 am for alfrescoCore and 4 am for archiveCore'

My question is that how to change the run time of Cron job?

Thanks a lot!

4 Replies
scampoy1

Re: Change run time of Cron job

Hi,

You can try to modify the following properties on the alfresco-global.properties file: 

- solr.backup.alfresco.cronExpression

- solr.backup.archive.cronExpression

You need to set the time using UNIX format about when you want that the each backup is done.

If that changes don't work, I think you will have to change the configuration on Solr Service.

Please, try it and answer me.

YanFeiHu
Active Member II

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help.

I added properties as shown in the picture below,  then I restart the ACS server, about 10 minutes later, it seems not work.

solr.PNG

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

I'm not sure at what time are you trying to do SOLR backups.

Although the property is labeled as a cronjob, it is a quartz job, so the first number in the expression are seconds.

<second> <minute> <hour> <day of the month> <month> <day of the week> <year>

By the way, in last versions of ASS 2.0.x, the backup remote location is set in solrcore.properties (not in alfresco-global.properties).

Regards.

--C.

YanFeiHu
Active Member II

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply.

At this time, the Cron job working properly as following picture.

But the property 'backup remote location' still not work.

Even I  added below two properties in following four solrcore.properties files :

solr.backup.alfresco.remoteBackupLocation=D:/Alfresco/alfresco-community72/alf_data/solr6Backup/alfresco
     solr.backup.archive.remoteBackupLocation=D:/Alfresco/alfresco-community72/alf_data/solr6Backup/archive

*\alfresco-search-services\solrhome\alfresco\conf\solrcore.properties
    *\alfresco-search-services\solrhome\archive\conf\solrcore.properties
    *\alfresco-search-services\solrhome\templates\noRerank\conf\solrcore.properties
    *\alfresco-search-services\solrhome\templates\rerank\conf\solrcore.properties

solr.png