cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spomerville
Member II

Changing the admin password has no effect

Jump to solution

I've got an alfresco enterprise 6.0 installation running within a docker/openshift environment. I'm trying to change the default admin password to something other than the default. I've followed the instructions here to update the password: Admin password in default authentication | Alfresco Documentation

I also set the new password hash in my global properties file, but I think are only used at the startup of a new instance:

alfresco_user_store.adminusername=secret
alfresco_user_store.adminpassword=secret

When I query my database to see the password hash using the below query I see the new hash that I expect with my new password:
SELECT anp1.node_id,
       anp1.qname_id,       
       anp1.string_value       
FROM alf_node_properties anp1  
   INNER JOIN alf_qname aq1 ON aq1.id = anp1.qname_id   
   INNER JOIN alf_node_properties anp2 ON anp2.node_id = anp1.node_id    
   INNER JOIN alf_qname aq2 ON aq2.id = anp2.qname_id                    
WHERE aq1.local_name = 'password'
AND aq2.local_name = 'username'
AND anp2.string_value = 'admin';

But my problem is that this new password never seems to take effect. I've restarted alfresco content services several times. Each time I try to connect using the CMIS workbench it requires using the old, default user and password.

If I start up a fresh instance of alfresco locally in a docker container the password updates and seems to work fine. But the instance that I'm having trouble with I would like to avoid wiping out the schema and starting fresh, if at all possible.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

-Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpotts
Professional

Re: Changing the admin password has no effect

Jump to solution

Why not just log in as admin using the old/default password, go to the profile, click Change Password, and set it to the new one?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jpotts
Professional

Jump to solution

Why not just log in as admin using the old/default password, go to the profile, click Change Password, and set it to the new one?

janv
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

JFYI: another option is to update the person profile via api (as an admin) -> Alfresco Content Services REST API Explorer 

Regards,

Jan