cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcoupey

CMIS and finding content

Hello everyone,

We have a new intranet (jalios - jcms).

When we are searching content example "201507", in the intranet and filter by choosing our alfresco, the contentd are not displayed when it's not the admin user (it's working with the admin user).

Do you have any idea in order to make the search working for any users please?

Thanks you.

Joffrey

8 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Re: CMIS and finding content

If you are using another user to connect using CMIS, try connecting with this same user using Share, and check if the user has read permission on the document.

If it doesn't work inside Share, then it won't work with CMIS, as CMIS will always respect the permissions.

cesarista
Customer

Hi:

As commented, CMIS query applies on the rights of the user, used in the CMIS binding connection. You can check it more naturally with the CMIS workbench, in which you can run CMIS queries and debug them.

Regards.

--C. 

jcoupey

Hello, thank you.

So, if the same user/login is entered, yeah, the documents are displayed.
Nevertheless, I'm using session ticket in the alfresco that i want to connect with CMIS. So my users won't be sync with the user/password system...

Is there any solution or i'm forced to break the ticket session of my alfresco in order to have the same login/password in both solutions?

douglascrp
Advanced II

I'm afraid I didn't get the idea.

Can you rephrase it?

Are you creating new session tickets for every new user? Or are you trying to use the same ticket for all the users?

jcoupey

Well, when an user is logged in his session windows, it's automatically sync with the alfresco instance. so when he goes in alfresco, he is automatically logged without possibilities of log out. There is no password for this alfresco.

However, in the intranet solution, the user has to log in with log/passwd. So, the two accounts (the one in alfresco and the other in the intranet) matches with the login, but not the password.

The only exeption is admin account because he exists with a password in alfresco which is the same in the intranet.

For example : I can create a user "test" with password "test123" in the intranet. If i create the same user with same password in alfresco it matches and can show me the content in the search.

Here is the global properties of the alfresco

Joffrey

douglascrp
Advanced II

Why don't you use the LDAP synchronization and authentication feature of Alfresco?

mehe
Senior Member II

Douglas is right - you can use the same user/password base for windows and the intranet (i.e. Active Directory).
If this is not possible, try to manage the access permissions with groups and add your users to these groups as needed.

jcoupey

I'm sorry for the late answer, I wasn't able to read your answers previously. Well on the paper, we could do that, but in the company, we can't, knowing the fact that it is mandatory to have the automatic log in and LDAP doesn't provide this functionality. I'm afraid I have to find another way.

Nonetheless, thanks for all your answers. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Best regards,

Joffrey