CMIS connection issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcparham
Member II

CMIS connection issue

our application uses CMIS/Alfresco. i am not very familiar, but we have a server related to it. *not sure* if a power outage is related to the fact that we this error; but when we normally post information that is populated by our sql data[a table field populates a textarea/text editor] - instead we get the error above: "CMIS connection issue". that verbiage comes from a file that instantiates connection with CMIS, here is the related code:

//Check cmis service connect or not
try{
$client = new CMISService($repo_url, $repo_username, $repo_password);
}catch (Exception $ec) {
echo "CMIS connection issue";
echo "<br >\n" ;
echo $ec->getMessage() ;
die;
}

the CMISService parms have not changed, and they appear to be proper values. i even tried "admin", and "root" as "repo_username" in addition to the defined username.

Ideas on what we can check?

2 Replies
calvo

Re: CMIS connection issue

Hi,

Maybe it could be useful. It's an example of cmis connection from .NET, using DotCMIS

netic360: :: CMIS. Conexión con Alfresco 

/* * Conexión con Alfresco */
private static ISession ConexionAlfresco(String ruta, String usuario, String clave)
{
if (System.Diagnostics.Debugger.IsAttached)
  Console.WriteLine("Estableciendo conexión con Alfresco...");
try {
 Dictionary parameters = new Dictionary(); 
 parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.BindingType] = BindingType.AtomPub; //Parámetros de  conexión 
 parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.AtomPubUrl] = ruta;  parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.User] = usuario;  parameters[DotCMIS.SessionParameter.Password] = clave; 
 SessionFactory factory = SessionFactory.NewInstance(); 
 IList repos = factory.GetRepositories(parameters); 
 ISession session = repos.ElementAt(0).CreateSession(); 
  return session; 
 } catch (Exception ex) { 
 Console.WriteLine("ERROR :: No se ha podido establecer la conexión con Alfresco"); 
 return null; 
 } 
}

I guess the credentials are correct, anyway could you review the "repo_url"?

Regards,

dcparham
Member II

Re: CMIS connection issue

Thank you for your response! i heard something back from stackoverflow and i hope it answers at least part of your question about the repo_url:

here’s the article: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44662733/cmis-connection-issue?noredirect=1#comment76332950_4466...

As per their suggestion to test the repo_url, I downloaded and ran CMIS Workbench, there’s a place to enter the repo_url, id/pw, but got only this response and including Log file msgs:

"The CMIS Workbench could connect to the server but the provided URL is not a CMIS endpoint URL. Check your URL and proxy settings." LOG: Apache Tomcat/7.0.54 - Error report; also, The requested resource is not available.”

also, I get more info during the CMIS failure now - 6 lines:
1-CMIS connection issue

2-HTTP Status 404 - /alfresco/service/cmis

3-type Status report

4-message /alfresco/service/cmis

5-description The requested resource is not available

6-Apache Tomcat/7.0.54.