cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolatepavac
Member II

Collaborator permission

Hello everybody,

I'm new to Alfresco, i installed alfresco community edition on my ubuntu server.

I'm trying to make something like workflow using folder rules.

Let's say that I have folder structure like on photo below, and that certain users have collaborator permissions. 

projectdms.png

And when I create rules for folders like following:

1. IT/UNREALIZED (a place for creating files) when file is updated and has tag ON HOLD move file to RISK DEPARTMENT/ON HOLD

2. RISK DEPARMENT/ON HOLD (a place to check the accuracy of the file) when file is updated and has tag APPROVE move file to IT/REALIZED

3. RISK DEPARTMENT/ON HOLD (a place to check the accuracy of the file) when file is updated and has tag REJECTED move file to IT/REJECTED

4. IT/REJECTED (a place for editing files with errors) when file is updated and has tag ON HOLD move file to RISK DEPARTMENT/ON HOLD

I have problem because, collaborator doesn't have permissions to move files which are created by another users.

contentpermissinos.png

Can anybody help me with this "problem". 

Let's say that solution could be to edit collaborator perrmissions on conent or something like that.

I can add users to site like a Managers and like Managers they can move files, but they also can see everything that is stored in a site because user automatically become a part of the group site_NAMEOFSITE_SiteManager, and i don't want that.

2 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Collaborator permission

@nikolatepavac 

The error is expected as only SiteManagers and admins can perform delete/move operations on the nodes that are created by others. Collaborator user can only delete/move files created by themselfs. 

For your specific use case,

1- You can implement a custom rule script and execute the script. You need to implement a custom move root scoped object and use it in the rule script for that purpose. It will execute the move operation as system user internally and perform the moves. 

2- You can implement an action and execute the action from the rule, the action will execute as a system user and perform the moves. 

Have a look at this thread as well, sort of similar requirement as yours: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/edit-remove-permissions-from-out-of-the-...

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Re: Collaborator permission

Hi @nikolatepavac 

Following on from @abhinavmishra14 suggestions, I would also recommend watching a recent Tech Talk Live presentation by Filip Břuska on managing permissions - details can be found on the Community Events page.

HTH

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!