Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venki1
Customer

Collecting the metadata while creating (not upload) a file in share

Jump to solution

Hi !

I have used uploader plus for collecting metadata before we upload any file. 

• But how do we acheive the same if we are creating a file using the 'create' instead of 'upload' / drag and drop
  • And how do we collect additional metadata while we create a folder (specific to a site)

I am new to Alfresco, please point out if I am missing something obvious.

I am using Enterprise 6.2.2

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Collecting the metadata while creating (not upload) a file in share

Jump to solution

For both creating new files you have to configure the appropriate Share forms using the "model-type" evaluator (Configuring the form service for a custom type in Jeff Potts' developer tutorial). The same is true for creating folders, but because the default create folder action uses a pre-defined folder form, you'll have to configure a form with a specific ID (use of doclib-common in action code ).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
afaust
Master

Re: Collecting the metadata while creating (not upload) a file in share

Jump to solution

For both creating new files you have to configure the appropriate Share forms using the "model-type" evaluator (Configuring the form service for a custom type in Jeff Potts' developer tutorial). The same is true for creating folders, but because the default create folder action uses a pre-defined folder form, you'll have to configure a form with a specific ID (use of doclib-common in action code ).