Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zxdev777
Active Member II

Comment visible directly on task after Approve/Reject

Jump to solution

Hi all,

If someone Approve or Reject document and provide some comment I need to click on "View task" -> "Workflow details" to see comment why document was approved or rejected.

Is it possible to display comment if I click directly on returned task in dashlet My Tasks ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
afaust
Master

Re: Comment visible directly on task after Approve/Reject

Jump to solution

You can display the comment of the "current task" using the bpm:comment property / field from the out-of-the-box model. You cannot display the comment of the "previous task" (reject / approve decision) using the out-of-the-box workflows. You would have to replace / customise the process definition to transfer the comment over to the next task (into a custom model property) to be displayed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

It completely depends on the configuration of the task form. If that form configuration includes the response / comment field than you will see it when you navigate to the task via the My Tasks dashlet.

zxdev777
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi Axel,

So it is possible just with customization of edit task form ?

<config evaluator="task-type" condition="wf:approvedTask">

<field-visibility>

<show id="bpm:resposneComment" />

</field-visibility>

do you have some reference to manual with such type of customization ?

Thanks

zxdev777
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Is it possible to customize task form to see comments (from reject / approve) with out of the box model or I need to define own ?

Thanks

afaust
Master

Jump to solution

You can display the comment of the "current task" using the bpm:comment property / field from the out-of-the-box model. You cannot display the comment of the "previous task" (reject / approve decision) using the out-of-the-box workflows. You would have to replace / customise the process definition to transfer the comment over to the next task (into a custom model property) to be displayed.

zxdev777
Active Member II

Jump to solution

Thanks for info

Then it is wrong design of out of the box workflow. If someone approve / reject document I want to see reason (comment) not just status Smiley Happy I know comments are visible in details of workflow.

From user point of view it is better If I see in "My Tasks" rejected document click on it and directly see reason..