Community 6.1.2 can't get SOLR to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Member

Community 6.1.2 can't get SOLR to work

I installed on CentOS7. Followed the instructions and reread them many times but just can't manage to get SOLR search to work. At first the SOLR.LOG kept filling up with errors. Then I changed the setting to work without mutual TLS. Now, the solr.log is not growing in size, but alfresco.log is. The errors I get start from:

2019-08-20 19:20:16,879 ERROR [org.alfresco.repo.site.SiteServiceImpl] [http-bio-8080-exec-11] LuceneQueryParserException with findSites()
org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.lucene.LuceneQueryParserException: 07200034
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryHTTPClient.executeQuery
(SolrQueryHTTPClient.java:594)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrQueryLanguage.executeQuery(S
olrQueryLanguage.java:52)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.DbOrIndexSwitchingQueryLanguage.executeQuery(DbOrIndexSwitchingQueryLanguage.java:217)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.impl.solr.SolrSearchService.query(SolrSearchService.java:354)
at org.alfresco.repo.search.SearcherComponent.query(SearcherComponent.java:84)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

I added a few items but searching for them always returns 0 items.

The only error in solr.log is:

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine(HttpParser.java:78)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine(HttpParser.java:106)

1 Reply
Highlighted
Active Member

Re: Community 6.1.2 can't get SOLR to work

Found the answer.

The file solr.in.sh has the settings for SOLR. There's a line that says: SOLR_PORT=8983. But there's no setting for selecting which protocol this port is bound to. My original trials were for setting up mutual TLS (which I'll learn to live without) so I had added SOLR_SSL_KEY_STORE and other related lines. When you do that, port 8983 binds to HTTPS. When these lines were removed/commented, the binding changed to HTTP.

SOLR is now finally working.