Configuring IMAP access to document library

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cratlepeter

Configuring IMAP access to document library

I have configured the IMAP subsystem and have read/write access to site document libraries, which is what I wanted.  However, there are some additional folders shared on the IMAP tree (such as Data Dictionary, Guest Home, Shared, User Homes) that I don't want to be shared.

Which configuration parameter should I change ?

imap.server.enabled=true
imap.server.port=143
imap.server.host=192.168.4.6
imap.config.server.mountPoints=AlfrescoIMAP
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.mountPointName=IMAP
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.modeName=ARCHIVE
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.store=${spaces.store}
imap.config.server.mountPoints.default.rootPath=/${spaces.company_home.childname}

Where can I find documentation on what '${spaces.store}' and /${spaces.company_home.childname} means ?

4 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Configuring IMAP access to document library

You can specify that expressions or use directly an XPath value.

https://docs.alfresco.com/community/concepts/IMAP-subsystem-props.html

This expression...

${spaces.company_home.childname}/${spaces.dictionary.childname}/${spaces.webclient_extension.childname}/cm:web-client-config-custom.xml

is equivalent to this one:

app:company_home/app:dictionary/app:webclient_extension/cm:web-client-config-custom.xml

Hyland Developer Evangelist
cratlepeter

Thank you for the response.  I need more basics than that though Smiley Happy

For this expression ${spaces.company_home.childname}, if I'm not running a multi-tenant version, do I need 'company_home' ?  Is there a way to see what 'company_home' and 'childname' refer to through the web GUI ?

I don't have web-client-config-custom.xml in my configuration currently.  Is it in a .jar file and where should I put it after extraction ?

afaust
Master

These properties are pre-defined in any Alfresco Repository via the repository.properties file in the alfresco-repository-xxx.jar (https://github.com/Alfresco/alfresco-repository/blob/master/src/main/resources/alfresco/repository.p...) - they cannot be changed via the web GUI and are typically only relevant during the initial bootstrap / start of Alfresco.

The web-client-config-custom.xml is a sort-of legacy file from Alfresco 4.x and earlier times, and should normally not be relevant anymore. In the example of Angel, it referred to a file uploaded / present in Alfresco's Data Dictionary runtime structure - not any configuration structure of your local system.

cratlepeter

I tried to set this up as:

imap.server.enabled=true
imap.server.port=143
imap.server.host=192.168.1.1
imap.config.home.store=${spaces.store}
imap.config.home.rootPath=/app:company_home/st:sites

but I can still see a lot of additional folders.  All I really what to see is:

IMAP

|

|- Sites