Configuring the Alfresco Share to retain all tags in html files

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
udaikumar26
Customer

Configuring the Alfresco Share to retain all tags in html files

We are stuck with an issue in storing html files in Alfresco. We use Alfresco version 5.0.2.

After uploading a html file into alfresco share and then upon editing and saving, alfresco seem to be removing some of the tags and attributes in the html file.

More specifically alfresco seem to be removing remarks from html file. Our html file has several remarks which is used for proper rendering of the html page. For example, the following line is completely removed by alresco.

<!--#include virtual="/pdpassets/headcssjsmeta.html" -->

I also found that 'content' attribute of the <meta> tag is being removed by alfresco share.

I tried to implement the solution discussed in the below article,

https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-blog/configuring-the-share-html-processing-bla...

After applying the change discussed in the above article, alfresco share only retains the 'content' attribute of the <meta> tag, however it still removes the remarks i mentioned above. As per the business, these remarks are important and needs to be retained.

What change is needed to make alfresco share to retain all information in html? The solution should work in Alfresco version 5.0.2.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
bip1989
Established Member

Re: Configuring the Alfresco Share to retain all tags in html files

we store html files as .xhtml extension, we dont have issues with tags. We have a lot of files in repository uploaded by share. May be try renaming to .xhtml and see it works for you

jpotts
Professional

Re: Configuring the Alfresco Share to retain all tags in html files

I saw another user who thought markup was being removed from their HTML files because they were using "View in Browser" to view the file. Instead, you should be downloading the file and then opening the file to verify its content.

Can you confirm that if you download the file out of Alfresco and view it using some other application that the markup is actually gone?