cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kazmi5
Member II

Connecting Alfresco with postgresql

Hello,

I am new to alfresco. I have a PostgreSQL server (13) installed. I am trying to connect it with my community addition. I have followed the steps mention on alfresco docs but I am not sure that both are connected or not. 

Following are my questions:

1. How can I make sure PostpreSql and Alfresco are connected?

2. How can I see the files or tables of the PostgreSQL server on alfresco and vice versa?

Regards

4 Replies
cristinamr
Advanced

Re: Connecting Alfresco with postgresql

Hi!

First at all: which Alfresco version are you using? Check the supported platforms to confirm if it is supported.

1. How can I make sure PostpreSql and Alfresco are connected?

If you are able to access into share UI, for sure it's working. Check you alfresco logs to see more details.

2. How can I see the files or tables of the PostgreSQL server on alfresco and vice versa?

You can login in PostgreSQL and see the tables, references and relates but it is not a simple task. It's complex and it's not recommeded to modify directly (bad practice). From alfresco UI you cannot check the tables.

Cheers,

Cris.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc
kazmi5
Member II

Hi,

First of all thanks a lot for your reply. I have an alfresco 5.2 version.

(You can login in PostgreSQL and see the tables, references and relates but it is not a simple task. It's complex and it's not recommeded to modify directly (bad practice). From alfresco UI you cannot check the tables.)

So if I understand right you mean to say I can't see the files or tables of my PostgreSQL server from alfresco UI but I can see the data of alfresco from PostgreSQL server!!!???

(If you are able to access into share UI, for sure it's working. Check you alfresco logs to see more details.)

Pardon my negligence but how can I access share UI? 

Regards,

cristinamr
Advanced

Hi!

So if I understand right you mean to say I can't see the files or tables of my PostgreSQL server from alfresco UI but I can see the data of alfresco from PostgreSQL server!!!???

That's right: you can see the schema and tables from your database server.  From Alfresco you'll see the "physical" documents, folder, user, etc...

Pardon my negligence but how can I access share UI?

Try to access to  protocol://serverSmiley Tongueort/share e.g. https://localhost:8080/share You should have these details spacified in your alfresco-global.properties (deployed under <ALF_HOME>/tomcat/shared/classes/)

Let me know your progress.

Cris.

--
VenziaIT: helping companies since 2005! Our ECM products: AQuA & Seidoc
kazmi5
Member II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I could not see anything. I don't know what's the issue may be a version problem, I am not sure.

But here is a quick question:

My lab where I work has an alfresco server and I can log in from the lab PC with my lab credentials to the alfresco server. I can see the dashboard.

If I install a MySQL or PostgreSQL server on the same computer, can I connect it with my alfresco dashboard??