Consolidate the search results into a folder for quick sharing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Tim
Member II

Consolidate the search results into a folder for quick sharing

I am aware of smart folders, work with static search queries. 

In case of dynamic search queries, is it possible to consoldiate the results (across different folders) into a single folder and share it with others for quick reference ? 

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Consolidate the search results into a folder for quick sharing

Well, yes - if one implemented an action / extension to the general search functionality which would dynamically transform the executed search query into a smart folder with the same query, it would be possible to share the query (not necessarily the exact same results, as their permissions may evaluate differently for other users).

At a customer of mine, I once (~2013/14) implemented an enhanced search UI for Share (way before facets or smart folders were supported in the standard product), and that UI also included a "Saved Search" capability which would store the current query as well as any selected facets etc. into a node (as JSON content), and provide the ability to share that node e.g. via a shared folder in a site or the user's home directory.

Using the out-of-the-box product, you are still left to implement such a functionality yourself. I am also not aware of any ready-to-use (open source) addon which would provide such capabilities in Share, and since ADF / ACA / ADW really aren't supportive of plug'n'play extensions, I doubt there is something for them either.

Bill_Tim
Member II

Thanks for the reply and approach. Seems to be complex to implement. Requesing Alfresco team to consider this as a feature request.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Hi @Bill_Tim 

The best course of action is to raise an issue on the 'umbrella' project at https://github.com/Alfresco/collaborating-with-alfresco - this will then get picked up & assigned to the correct project, etc.

Thanks,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!