cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijeshnk
Established Member

Content store data deletion

Jump to solution

I have conentstore configured in below content store location.

D:\alfresco-content-services\alf_data\contentstore\2019

I want to delete above shown 2019 folder . I dont need 2019 anymore.  Essentilally  , I need to do purging .

If i delete files above folder ,will it clean-up the metadata and indexes also ?

or will it corrupt my respository ? Whats the best way to achive bulk deletion , which will delete references in database also without corrupting repo ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Content store data deletion

Jump to solution

You can remove a folder or select multiple files to delete them in a row. That options are available in the UI.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

6 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hope this helps you to understand how to remove storage for deleted nodes:

https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-deleted-content-store-cleaner

brijeshnk
Established Member

Jump to solution

Hi , thanks for this usefull link . 

I have another qustion too - Is it possible to  physically move file from contentstore folder to conentstore.deleted folder .  

I have bulk deletion , I was thinking to write PS script to move files physially to conentstore.deleted folder .  Is this approach will work out ?  OR will it corrupt the repository ?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Files references need also to be removed from Database and SOLR, so moving them directly from filesystem would corrupt your repository.

brijeshnk
Established Member

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the reply , 

Is there a bulk deletion script or addons ?   deleting files individually from Alfresco UI is tedious task . 

Regards

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

You can remove a folder or select multiple files to delete them in a row. That options are available in the UI.

brijeshnk
Established Member

Jump to solution

But its running in GBs . I  have around 7.5 GB worth of data to be deleted. This is impossible to do using Alfresco UI .  Even if i select and delete from UI .
 I am worried about the perfromance . Though its onetime time activity , I need to delete this for 12 months of data , which 12* 7.5 GB