Content uploaded not indexed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabrielmarinb

Content uploaded not indexed

Hi:

I have Alfresco 6.2 and alfresco-search 2.0 for storing invoices generated daily by our company. Every night a process uploads content using Alfresco REST API.

Specifically past 2 days content was uploaded but not indexed (aproximately 800.000 small docs), probably because an exception in SOLR (OutOfMemory). I may upload again but I wanted to know what is best in these situations. I've tried reindex and fix by SOLR API but I don't know if I am making the right request as I don't see anything happening in SOLR after requests.

Previous related post: https://hub.alfresco.com/t5/alfresco-content-services-forum/reindex-specific-folder-content/m-p/3116...

I really apreciate your guidance. Thank you

5 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Content uploaded not indexed

You may be re-checking what happens to your enviroment.

SOLR includes the latest DB transaction indexed. So, if you had an OutOfMemory error, SOLR would be starting from the latest transaction (before the problem happened) to catch up with the repository.

Probably your missing content is already being indexed right now, but it may take a while.

You can find the information of the latest indexed transaction in SOLR using some of the reports described in the official documentation:

https://docs.alfresco.com/search-services/latest/admin/restapi/#generic-reports

Hyland Developer Evangelist
gabrielmarinb

Thanks @angelborroy for your reply. The thing is that last day upload was correctly indexed but previous 2 days still doesn't. Is partial reindex an option for this situation?  What do you suggest?

gabrielmarinb

I restore a backup and started reindexing past days but suddenly this error appear and indexation seems to be skipping a couple of days of content:

10/8/2022, 0:47:00 ERROR true RequestHandlerBase java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.solr.update.UpdateLog.lookup(UpdateLog.java:968)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.RealTimeGetComponent.process(RealTimeGetComponent.java:219)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:296)
at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:173)
at org.alfresco.solr.SolrInformationServer.executeQueryRequest(SolrInformationServer.java:3289)
at org.alfresco.solr.SolrInformationServer.getTrackerInitialState(SolrInformationServer.java:1388)
at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.ShardStatePublisher.getTrackerState(ShardStatePublisher.java:123)
at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.AbstractTracker.track(AbstractTracker.java:227)
at org.alfresco.solr.tracker.TrackerJob.execute(TrackerJob.java:60)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)
10/8/2022, 0:47:00 ERROR SolrInformationServer Got no response from a tracker initial state request.

Can you help me troubleshooting this?

Thanks again!

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

You may try increasing the amount of RAM available for SOLR.

Hyland Developer Evangelist
gabrielmarinb

Thank you Angel. I will do that