cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brayo

Contents rule does not run in automatically

Jump to solution

Capture.PNG

When i click on run rule this rule run perfectly on my file.

but I want this rule run automatically when i create the file or upload in this folder someone can help me?

Alfresco Communities v.7.2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: Contents rule does not run in automatically

Jump to solution

That is working as expected.

The condition you're setting is fired everytime a content of type ID_index_test is created on the folder.

However, you're uploading a file that is set automatically to cm:content type. After that, once the file has been created, you set the type to ID_index_test. This is why the rule is not fired. When you click on "apply the rule", the type is set and the rule is fired.

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

6 Replies
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

How are you setting the type to "ID Index test"? Every content upload to Alfresco Share (by default) is using default type (like cm:content).

Brayo

Jump to solution

@angelborroy wrote:

How are you setting the type to "ID Index test"? Every content upload to Alfresco Share (by default) is using default type (like cm:content).

Hi, angelborroy

here is my type configuration ID_index_test has parent CM:CONTENT.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

And when/how you set this type to the nodes in the folder?

You need to set that type explicitelly.

Brayo

Jump to solution

@angelborroy wrote:

And when/how you set this type to the nodes in the folder?

You need to set that type explicitelly.

Hi, When i upload file to this and setup type (ID_index_test) to node(file) the property does not update automatically but when i go to manage rule of this folder I clicked on run rules for this folder my property was updated by my action.

so i think the rule is correct setting. but the background job not run in automatically ? Do you have any idea to check it?

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

The condition you're setting is fired everytime a content of type ID_index_test is created on the folder.

However, you're uploading a file that is set automatically to cm:content type. After that, once the file has been created, you set the type to ID_index_test. This is why the rule is not fired. When you click on "apply the rule", the type is set and the rule is fired.

Brayo

Jump to solution

@angelborroy wrote:

I got the solution!!

I try change content of type or sub-type to content  instead of ID_index_test 

Then when upload file to this folder I change the type to ID_index_test the value of test:num already assigned to 999888 in automatically

Thanks angelborroy