Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alfrescocm
Member II

contentstore.deleted

Jump to solution

Hi,

there is big size of data store in alfresco file (contentstore.deleted)

can i have delete it from SSH

rm contentstore.deleted

Please suggest.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Re: contentstore.deleted

Jump to solution

Trashcan Cleaner has nothing to see with contentstore.deleted folder. Probably this can help to understand removing process https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-deleted-content-store-cleaner/blob/master/README.md

Hyland Developer Evangelist

View solution in original post

6 Replies
douglascrp
Advanced II

Jump to solution

Hello.

Yes, you can remove that folder's content without any problem.

sercama
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I recommend you to activate alfresco trashcan module if you have an Alfresco 5.2 or greater or install amp Alfresco Trashcan Cleaner if you use another version.

Alfresco Trashcan Cleaner was added into Alfresco core since version 5.2 and you can enable it through alfresco-global.properties.

This module executes a job which delete nodes from alfresco trashcan.

Sergio.

angelborroy
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Trashcan Cleaner has nothing to see with contentstore.deleted folder. Probably this can help to understand removing process https://github.com/keensoft/alfresco-deleted-content-store-cleaner/blob/master/README.md

Hyland Developer Evangelist
sercama
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I had a conceptual error about this subject, thank you Angel . I'll leave my post in case any forum member has the same misconception as me.

dharmendra_pan2
Active Member II

Jump to solution

You can also have a Window/Linux (window task schedule) schedule job to run once in a month to delete the contentstorre.deleted folder.

Thanks

-D

mehe
Senior Member II

Jump to solution

I use a cron job to cleanup contentstore deleted - as you mention ssh, I think you are using Linux too.
First I create a file in contentstore deleted  .... stands for the path to contentstore.deleted

touch ....contentstore.deleted/lastrun        

(for my monitoring system and to prevent me from accidently deleting contentstore.deleted)

then delete all the files older than 8 days (for safety, it could be possible to have to restore from a backup)

find ....contentstore.deleted -type f -mtime +8 -delete

then delete all empty dirs there

find ...contentstore.deleted -type d -empty -delete