Did you mean: 
roxanabadanau
Member II

Context initialization failed

Hi,

Could someone help me with an issue?

I get the following error:

- Context initialization failed
 org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: 04110021 Failed to find 'app:dictionary' node
        at org.alfresco.repo.action.scheduled.ScheduledPersistedActionServiceImpl.locatePersistanceFolder(ScheduledPersistedActionServiceImpl.java:141)

The things I have tried so far:

- comment the ScheduledPersistedActionService bean in order to restore a part of Alfresco, but this is not working as there are other dependencies failing.

- I am trying to restore the environment , but I cannot copy the necessary sites because all the solution require the site to be up and running.

- I have asked for a backup, but I do not have it yet.

- I tried redeploying the application, still not working.

I am thinking that the database is corrupted. From what I read on the internet, some mandatory files were deleted that is why the application cannot start.

Does someone have a solution for this?

Thank you!

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Re: Context initialization failed

Either the database has been "corrupted" with regards to some mandatory nodes not existing anymore (technically speaking an admin user could delete the critically important app:dictionary folder) or a configuration change in alfresco-global.properties has cause the folder to be bootstrapped with a different name than is currently being attempted for lookup purposes (it is technically possible to rename the "app:dictionary" name to any other value).

Do you have a database backup to try restoring from a working state?

roxanabadanau
Member II

Hi. Thank you for your answer.

Is there any way I can recover the alfresco sites if the application cannot be started?

I have a different environment database backup. Could you please tell me if you know how the restoring of the database can be done.

Thank you!

afaust
Master

A backup from a different environment database will not help you - you need the backup from that database. The specific procedure for restoring the backup depends on the way the backup was created and the type of the database - refer to the documentation for your database.

If you are very, very confident in your SQL / database skills you could attempt to recover sites (and contents) from the database without the application starting, but that would be quite some involved work even for me (at least to get it 100% right).