cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
signjoy
Active Member II

Controlling Quartz Schedulers from JConsole

Hi,

In one requirement we have few schedulers that we have deployed on all over nodes. At some point we need to disable these scheduler or may need to change the CRON expression. For now we need to stop the server and do that. 

I wonder if there is any way that allows me to control the Schedulers form JConsole itself. I meant, I can edit the CRON or even disable the scheduler. 

Do I need to implement the scheduler different way in order to achieve this?

Thank you

4 Replies
cesarista
Customer

Re: Controlling Quartz Schedulers from JConsole

Hi:

AFAIK, I think this is not possible in Community Edition (although some addons like JS Console or OOTB Support Tools addon may help you to run them on demand).

In Alfresco Content Services (Enterprise Edition), you may use Alfresco JMX beans for editing cron expressions dinamically in JConsole.

Regards.

--C.

signjoy
Active Member II

Hi Thanks for your reply! I have installed the Alfresco Enterprise version 5.1.0.3. But I am not able to edit any CRON by using JConsole...

Any suggestions!!!

Thanks,

Sanket Shah

cesarista
Customer

For example, a tipical one:

Alfresco:Type=Configuration, Category=Synchronization, Object Type=Synchronization$default

JMX editable management beans | Alfresco Documentation 

Regards.

--C.

signjoy
Active Member II

Yes, how can I create my own Quartz scheduler that allows me to edit the CRON expression or allow to disable it via JConsole?