cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Controlling user access to shared files

Jump to solution

I'm working with a version of Alfresco Community that has been customized by an external vendor.  I can create a regular user with no group membership in the UI and that user can collaborate and contribute to a site without any issues.  

When I go to the shared files tab and click on SharedFiles, I see "JavaException: org.alfresco.repo.security.permissions.AccessDeniedException: ####### Access Denied:  You do not have the appropriate permissions to perform this operation.  

I'm also seeing that the tagQuery behind the scenes is failing with a 500 error and a similar message behind the scenes.  How do I view/control the access of users to Shared Documents?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Re: Controlling user access to shared files

Jump to solution

I found that as an administrator, I was able to assign the missing permission by navigating to the Repository tab (see below).  I'm still interesting in finding out if there's a way to control the default behavior at installation time.  

As an administrator, manually modify permissions of the shared folder.
1) Click the Repository link at the top of the window
2) Hover over the Shared folder in the folder list on the right and click 'View Details'
3) Click 'Manage Permissions' under 'Folder Actions'
4) Click the button that says 'Inherit Permissions' so that it has a check mark next to it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dshookowsky
Active Member II

Jump to solution

I found that as an administrator, I was able to assign the missing permission by navigating to the Repository tab (see below).  I'm still interesting in finding out if there's a way to control the default behavior at installation time.  

As an administrator, manually modify permissions of the shared folder.
1) Click the Repository link at the top of the window
2) Hover over the Shared folder in the folder list on the right and click 'View Details'
3) Click 'Manage Permissions' under 'Folder Actions'
4) Click the button that says 'Inherit Permissions' so that it has a check mark next to it.

dshookowsky
Active Member II

Jump to solution

It appears the vendor that customized the share added code to remove inherited permissions, but neglected to hide the top-level menu with deleteObjectFromArray as described here - https://community.alfresco.com/community/ecm/blog/2013/09/16/customizing-the-share-header-part-3