cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CologneClaret

Copied node has cn:name equal to nodeid

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

we have ACS 5.2.3 installed and have an issue when copying nodes using rules or scripts.

We have noticed that when a node is copied the new target node is not named after the source node. The cn:name is the nodeid.

This does not happen if we select in Alfresco Share and copy.

Has anyone else seen this issue and knows of a fix?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CologneClaret

Re: Copied node has cn:name equal to nodeid

Jump to solution

Thank you afaust. Sorry about the delayed response. I hadn't seen a message in my email.

The issue appeared to be due to some misconfiguration on the Alfresco server. Everything was working, and then suddenly for no apparent reason the ID issue appeared. It then disappeared again and then reappeared. There had been changes made to configuration files of which I was unaware. This was later resolved by the support company who had added new tools to the system :-(.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
afaust
Master

Jump to solution

This is not really an issue, but rather a different behaviour for different APIs in use. The CopyService Java API has a copy and a copyAndRename operation. The simple copy operation will drop the name, so it defaults to the ID.

If your scripts use the ScriptNode.copy operation, they should internally be using copyAndRename, and then it would be a bug if the name is not based on the source node. This is also what Alfresco Share uses indirectly to perform a copy. If your scripts / rules somehow use (custom) Java code that uses the simple copy operation, then it's not a bug, rather the incorrect operations are used.

CologneClaret

Jump to solution

Thank you afaust. Sorry about the delayed response. I hadn't seen a message in my email.

The issue appeared to be due to some misconfiguration on the Alfresco server. Everything was working, and then suddenly for no apparent reason the ID issue appeared. It then disappeared again and then reappeared. There had been changes made to configuration files of which I was unaware. This was later resolved by the support company who had added new tools to the system :-(.

EddieMay
Alfresco Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @CologneClaret ,

Glad you have it sorted & thanks for updating your post - helpful to other users.

Take care,

Digital Community Manager, Alfresco Software.
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!