Correct path for LDAP Config - Mac OS Server Open LDAP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sar6e
Member II

Correct path for LDAP Config - Mac OS Server Open LDAP

I have configured LDAP according to the online documentation.  When I restart Alfresco, directory users are not able to authenticate and the log shows a failure to connect to the ldap server but the server details do not match what I have configured.  

AuthenticationException: 02100060 Failed to communicate with ldap://openldap.domain.com:389

These are the details that are the default example in the ldap config file.  I have most definitely changed them to reflect the details for my LDAP server.

Some background.  Standard install using the Mac install package.  Mac OS Server also running on the same box providing directory services.  Alfresco is running fine and I can log in with the administration user created on install.  

The only twist in setting up the LDAP config is that the documentation suggested the ldap config file should be placed in /tomcat/shared/classes/...  There was no authentication folder in that path.  The default installation had created the /Authentication/alfrescoNtlm folder in the /WEB-INF/classes path.  It seems logical that creating an LDAP folder in the same location a the html stuff should work.

So maybe a problem that alfresco can't find the dap config file?

I'm a complete newbie to Alfresco.  I've searched the forums and can't find a similar problem.  Hopefully I am not asking a question that has already been asked many time before.  If so, apologies in advance.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 Reply
cesarista
Customer

Re: Correct path for LDAP Config - Mac OS Server Open LDAP

Hi:

You can set your ldap properties directly in your alfresco-global.properties (and setting the authentication chain).

Other possibilty is to create the next file under extension directory:

$ALF_HOME/tomcat/shared/classes/alfresco/extension/subsystems/Authentication/ldap/ldap1/ldap-authentication.properties

where:

authentication.chain=ldap1:ldap

Regards.

--C.