Create a document tree

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hussain

Create a document tree

Jump to solution

I just started with Alfresco. Got the community V6.1.2 installed and running (with hiccups).

Can I create a document tree? The idea is that we have a lot of client correspondence (yes, on paper) that we need to track. So for each issue / activity / topic, I send a letter to the client, he sends one or more responses, I respond to the response and so on till that topic is closed. The tree should be able to store those Word / Excel files and the responses (paper scanned to PDF) so that I can expand/collapse each correspondence to see the discussion history.

One method I see is to create folders & subfolders for each topic and put the Word / PDF in there. Any other options?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kintu_barot

Re: Create a document tree

Jump to solution

By Document Tree, I guess, you mean Folder tree.

You definitely can create a folder structure in a way that will help you track the client correspondences. 

Any version of the Alfresco community will allow you to store word / Excel / Pdf files.

If you want to create and use folders (Folder hierarchy) manually then you're good to go, but if you want it to be created automatically or you want some automation in this functionality then you have to do the customization which is always possible with Alfresco.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kintu_barot

Re: Create a document tree

Jump to solution

By Document Tree, I guess, you mean Folder tree.

You definitely can create a folder structure in a way that will help you track the client correspondences. 

Any version of the Alfresco community will allow you to store word / Excel / Pdf files.

If you want to create and use folders (Folder hierarchy) manually then you're good to go, but if you want it to be created automatically or you want some automation in this functionality then you have to do the customization which is always possible with Alfresco.

Let me know if you have any further query.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu