Creating custom properties for a document and fill them up from another BPM platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amincheva
Member II

Creating custom properties for a document and fill them up from another BPM platform

Hello, Guys!
I'm new to Alfresco and I'm trying to customize the properties of a document. I have connected Bonita BPM with Alfresco and what I want to do is to send something like a package (bundle) if I can call it like this, from Bonita to Alfresco.
In this package I want to have a uploaded document plus some custom metadata about it, so later I can search it easier. I read some stuff about customizing the properies in Alfresco, but I can not find the full path to do it. I think the very first step is to create my content model file, but what I should do after that?
Can anyone guide me through the basic step by step process?

I will greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

1 Reply
fcorti
Alfresco Employee

Re: Creating custom properties for a document and fill them up from another BPM platform

Hi Albena Mincheva‌,

To start your first steps into Alfresco I suggest you the official documentation.

In particular, for your needs, I suggest:

Create models with Model Manager | Alfresco Documentation to customise the Alfresco metadata in the way you want.

Alfresco REST API | Alfresco Documentation to interact from an external system (in your case Bonita BPM) with Alfresco.

I hope it will help you.

-F