cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
riadhazzouz

Creating my own model

Jump to solution

How to create a model, connect it to a database, so i can apply different CRUD from the share.
Is that possible ? any available examples ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kintu_barot

Re: Creating my own model

Jump to solution

You can do it by either creating custom Aikau / Surf page. You may also add a custom button in a document library as well. You can refer Aikau Pages | Alfresco Documentation and Surf Pages | Alfresco Documentation for the custom pages with a button. If you are new to Alfresco, I recommend you to learn the Alfresco platform and share extension points, and then you should choose a proper approach. You might find some easier way to implement the same rather than to develop everything from scratch.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
ContCentric

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sanjaybandhniya

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can create content model in 2 ways.

1)Using model manager. Content modeling with Model Manager | Alfresco Documentation 

2)Manually .Working With Custom Content Types in Alfresco | ECMArchitect | Alfresco Developer Tutorials 

Here we are not connecting any content model with database,it is handle by alfresco itself.

Can you explain in detail what is mean by connect it to a database and apply crud operation?

Thanks,

Sanjay

riadhazzouz

Jump to solution

What I want to do is to create a model, add a new button in the share which takes you to a new page, where you find a form. you fill the form, than you hit the submit button and the data you entered get saved to a database.

Thanks,
Riadh

kintu_barot

Jump to solution

You can do it by either creating custom Aikau / Surf page. You may also add a custom button in a document library as well. You can refer Aikau Pages | Alfresco Documentation and Surf Pages | Alfresco Documentation for the custom pages with a button. If you are new to Alfresco, I recommend you to learn the Alfresco platform and share extension points, and then you should choose a proper approach. You might find some easier way to implement the same rather than to develop everything from scratch.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
ContCentric

View solution in original post

riadhazzouz

Jump to solution

Thanks Kintu.