Creating my own model

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riadhazzouz

Creating my own model

Jump to solution

How to create a model, connect it to a database, so i can apply different CRUD from the share.
Is that possible ? any available examples ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kintu_barot

Re: Creating my own model

Jump to solution

You can do it by either creating custom Aikau / Surf page. You may also add a custom button in a document library as well. You can refer Aikau Pages | Alfresco Documentation and Surf Pages | Alfresco Documentation for the custom pages with a button. If you are new to Alfresco, I recommend you to learn the Alfresco platform and share extension points, and then you should choose a proper approach. You might find some easier way to implement the same rather than to develop everything from scratch.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sanjaybandhniya
Intermediate

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can create content model in 2 ways.

1)Using model manager. Content modeling with Model Manager | Alfresco Documentation 

2)Manually .Working With Custom Content Types in Alfresco | ECMArchitect | Alfresco Developer Tutorials 

Here we are not connecting any content model with database,it is handle by alfresco itself.

Can you explain in detail what is mean by connect it to a database and apply crud operation?

Thanks,

Sanjay

riadhazzouz

Jump to solution

What I want to do is to create a model, add a new button in the share which takes you to a new page, where you find a form. you fill the form, than you hit the submit button and the data you entered get saved to a database.

Thanks,
Riadh

kintu_barot

Jump to solution

You can do it by either creating custom Aikau / Surf page. You may also add a custom button in a document library as well. You can refer Aikau Pages | Alfresco Documentation and Surf Pages | Alfresco Documentation for the custom pages with a button. If you are new to Alfresco, I recommend you to learn the Alfresco platform and share extension points, and then you should choose a proper approach. You might find some easier way to implement the same rather than to develop everything from scratch.

Regards,

Kintu

ContCentric

Regards,
Kintu
riadhazzouz

Jump to solution

Thanks Kintu.