cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yash_patel_c2
Established Member

Custom Permission : Hide Content and Show Properties only

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create custom permission which should only display the properties of the file, content should not be visible.

Custom Permission which I have created is as below

<permissionGroup name="demoConsumer" allowFullControl="false" expose="true">
            <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="ReadProperties" type="sys:base"/>
            <includePermissionGroup permissionGroup="ReadChildren" type="sys:base"/>
</permissionGroup>

when I apply this permission on content,I expect properties to be visible but nothing is visible on the screen as shown in below screenshot..

I even tried with only ReadProperties permission but result is the same. Is there any way I can only show properties and not the content?

Thanks 

3 Replies
shyam_ghodasra
Active Member II

Re: Custom Permission : Hide Content and Show Properties only

Hi,

There is great documentation of creation custom permission and role Permissions / Roles | Alfresco Documentation 
Have you read that?

Thanks,
Shyam Ghodasra

yash_patel_c2
Established Member

Yes, From this document I have created custom permission as mentioned in the question. but I am not getting expected result. Is there any way I can achieve the expected result mentioned in the question?

afaust
Master

A lot of the default functionalities are predicated on the "Read" permission being granted, not just the "ReadProperties" and "ReadChildren" low-level permissions. Without the "ReadContent" permissions, all operations that check for "Read" will block access to the node, and this can cause complex UIs like Share to fail rendering the view if any operation on it requires "Read" or "ReadContent". "Read" would be required for anything relating to searches / queries, and "ReadContent" would be required to try and render the previewer component.

Setting up permissions in a granular way like you want to do will likely never work in Share unless you do a major overhaul / patch. It might be significantly easier to try something like this with ADF-based applications, though I could image that the new v1 ReST API also has some of the "Read" permission hard-codings built into it which might cause issues.