cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zlucy82
Active Member II

Custom tomcat port for amp maven package Alfresco SDK 3

Hi all, 

i have an alfresco community 5.2 version installed that runs on tomcat port 8080.

I developed my custom amp maven package (AIO) for Alfresco Content Services SDK 3, but if i want to start the package with run.sh command, i must first stopped alfresco with "sh alfresco.sh stop" because the amp runs on the same port of tomcat.

Is there a way to run custom amp package in a different tomcat port to avoid stopping the platform every time?

Thank you

5 Replies
abhinavmishra14
Advanced

Re: Custom tomcat port for amp maven package Alfresco SDK 3

AIO project is meant to used combined as alfresco:run goal runs on parent pom, it may not be possible to run alfresco and share alone without making changes to plugin configurations and add alfresco-maven-plugin to individual projects, unless you are experienced to make these changes, it will be difficult to get it to work. Simplest approach to run individual modules, you should choose to use alfresco-platform-jar-archetype and alfresco-share-jar-archetype.

You can override the acs and share ports using the pom.xml for the modules. Add the following properties.  

<maven.alfresco.tomcat.port>8080</maven.alfresco.tomcat.port>
or
<maven.tomcat.port>8080</maven.tomcat.port>

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)
jpotts
Professional

It is unclear to me why you are running your SDK-based AMP project on the same machine as an existing Alfresco installation. If you are still developing the AMP, then stop the running server and run the SDK project to test your changes until you are ready to deploy.

Once you are ready to deploy, build the AMP, then use the Alfresco MMT to install the AMP into your running Alfresco instance.

This has nothing to do with which archetype you chose to use when you bootstrapped your project. The AIO archetype is perfectly acceptable to use as starting point for developing your AMP. I'd say 99% of all my projects at this point are based on AIO.

zlucy82
Active Member II

Hi Abhinav, thank you for your reply. Most of my SDK-maven projects already were implemented with the AIO maven archetype! I will use this approach for future projects!

zlucy82
Active Member II

Hi Jeff and thank you for your reply, most of my SDK-based AMP projects were created also with AIO maven archetype. My company has a cloud server that uses for a demo of products and i would to use this server to develop amp maven, but in this server there is also an alfresco installation (demo) that soon will become production (in another server). Than, only solution is to stop alfresco server before run my projects. Thank you.

abhinavmishra14
Advanced

@zlucy82 wrote:  "My company has a cloud server that uses for a demo of products and i would to use this server to develop amp maven, but in this server there is also an alfresco installation (demo)"

seems like you are running your sdk on port e.g. 8080 on a server where there is already and installation of acs running on e.g. "8080" port. 

If this is correct understanding then, you can either:

1- Change the ports on the installed instance to use different ports so ports doesn't conflict with SDK ports which is defaulted to 8080.

OR

2- Change the default port in SDK via maven property to run on a different port other than 8080. I have shared the maven property in the first reply above. That should allow you to change the sdk embeded tomcat port.

~Abhinav
(ACSCE, AWS SAA, Azure Admin)